The best place to play Checkers

It seem to me that the website www.flyordie.com is the best place to play checkers.

The game is clean & well design.

What do you think ?

The selection of places to play online is unfortunately quite poor. Below are some observations from my limited experience.

1. www.flyordie.com
    Personally, I’m not a fan of the curvy squares or the flipping piece animations. The whole thing looks kind of silly. But it works and they usually have a lot of people online. Player count may be their secret sauce, but it’s a good one. It’s tough to play without an opponent of similar skill.

2. www.playok.com
    The graphics are plain but functional and they have more options for things like time controls than flyordie. I understand they have some very high level players here. You can usually find a game but they don’t have the player count that flyordie does.

3. boardom.io
    Is a mobile site whose killer feature is that you can play with a friend just by sharing a link. Neither of you need to create accounts. That’s pretty neat but the rest of their interface is quite limited because it’s a mobile site.

I haven’t tried the correspondence sites www.goldtoken.com or www.itsyourturn.com. They both seem to have limited player counts and old interfaces but these are less important for correspondence play. I know some people have good luck there.

I would love to see a checkers version of lichess.org but that’s a beast of a project.

Anyone else, where do you play? What do you like about it? Did I miss a nice site?

1 Like

Playok has the most quality players. A lot of in person tournament players play there. So if you are looking to improve your game, that is probably the best place to play.