Subscription to the checker cruncher

Have you thought of doing an annual fee rather than a monthly one as an option. It’s simpler

It sounds crazy, but no I hadn’t considered that and it’s a good idea. I’m out of town next week and may or may not get a chance to work on this but it should be coming soon™. Also, the credit card company takes a smaller percentage of larger transactions which is nice so it will come with a discount too.

Yes there is the fees to consider and I prefer an annual cost rather than a tiny amount each month. Gets a longer term commitment also from people -
you pay and then forget for a while. I wouldn’t ever pay a couple of dollars a month it’s a pain. Even as a periodical payment. So you may be missing subscription from people and you can give an annual discount Pay for say 10 months if it’s annual and people think they are getting a bargain and subscribe . That’s my view anyway

I’m convinced. It’s a little tricky on my end but I’ll let you know when it’s ready. Thanks!

Thanks I’ll leave it with you no rush just giving thoughts

Done! Thanks again for the idea.

** Update: Fixed. **

Bumped into a bug. If you sign up for a year’s subscription, the confirmation email still says a month.The subscription is fine, it’s the email that’s wrong. I’ll fix it as soon as I get a chance. If you bump into any other bugs, let me know and I’ll make it right.

It asked for zip code when I signed up. We don’t have one I think that’s an American concept. I put in our postcode and you have that screen with early supporters. I’d rather be anonymous. If possible. Not sure why it is necessary to tell everyone I have subscribed and to what level. I realize that I get something next to my name but that’s not as obvious.

More useful would be a screen which says when my membership goes until. Which may already exist but I’m not sure where And do you remind me with an email or whatever when the year is up as I didn’t auto renew. I don’t do that usually.

I assume paid in American dollars It didn’t say that either Outside the usa we need to consider exchange rates. I forgot about that. Maybe make it obvious it is US dollars if it is

Thank you so much for your generosity, I really appreciate it. And for your feedback, that may be even more valuable.

I implemented a couple anonymizing features, your subscription will no longer show up on the supporters page and the medal is visible only to you. I can return just the medal to public view if you would like. I’ve also unlisted this topic which makes it more difficult, but not impossible for other people to find. I can convert it to private messages or re-list it to the forum on your preference.

Since privacy is always time sensitive I pushed the changes as soon as they were functional. Currently I can set the anonymous flags in the database but there is as yet no way to do it from the website. I’ll implement the rest of your suggestions over the next few days, I think they’re great.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that Sounds great

It’s always dangerous to deploy changes on a Friday, :wink: but it’s done!

Check out the new subscription page to see your status. As always, if you have any problems, let me know.

Also, can I re-list this topic or would you prefer it stay private?

You are welcome to relist it

It looks great Thanks

My pleasure. Thank you.